I know I've been talking about these costume headpieces for a bit...it takes up a lot of my time...so I figured I would post about that. Basically...I made 2 headpieces for a shoot with my friend Sarah, but we ended having no time to shoot them, so I just gave them to her to use in her performances. I had such a great time making those 2 pieces, that I thought I would make some more for some upcoming shoots. The thing is...It's hard to find things like this...and to rent headwear costs money, and even then, it's hard to find exactly what you have imagined in your mind for a shoot. Since I have not worked with stylists, I have to dream everything up myself and make it all happen. So, my common sense tells me, Shae, just make it! Haha :) So there ya go!
I am making a whole bunch at the minute, as options for this one shoot this summer, but the fun things is, I can use them for multiple shoots. They take me days sometimes, just to do one. These 3 are almost done, they basically just need tiny finishes. I gather inspiration from old photos, fashion drawings and illustrations from the late 1800's through the 40's. Erte is incredibly inspiring...his drawings are amazing...they often steer me in great directions.
Well...I'll keep you all posted on new pieces I make in the future. I think I am going to put the rhinestones down and go paint!
Follow me on Instagram
Wardrobe: Vintage 1950's romper, Capezio ballet slippers
Above Illustrations by ERTE.